Looking for a taste of home with minimal effort? Try Hugh Maguire's Beef Stew Mix! This traditional recipe is made with quality ingredients and slow-cooked to perfection, creating a warm and satisfying meal that's perfect for any occasion. Just add your favorite veggies and let the flavors simmer together for a delicious, comforting dish that's sure to please. Enjoy a taste of home with Hugh Maguire's Beef Stew Mix!
- 1 kg Hugh Maguire Butchers Diced Chuck
- Kylemore Acres Beef Stew Mix
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 litre water
- 2 tbsp treacle
- 125 ml red wine or 1 small can of Guinness
- 600 g potatoes, cubed
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 large parsnip, sliced
- In a large heavy pot, brown the cubed beef in two separate batches using half of the olive oil for each batch.
- Remove browned beef ad add chopped onion to the pot. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Return the beef to the pan and add flour and salt and combine.
- Add the water and Beef Stew Mix to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the treacle, red wine or Guinness, simmer for 15 mins, then add potatoes , carrots, parsnips.
- Simmer partially covered for approx. 40 minutes stirring occasionally or until meat is tender. Let rest for 10 minutes.