With the health-crazed January almost over, some of us may continue to keep up the good habit. We know when lunch time comes around we often try and make the easiest meal to tie us over until we get home from work.
Easier said than done!
This pitta pocket sandwich with a Turkish twist is super easy and takes less than 12 minutes to make. With just a few simply ingredients you can already find in the kitchen.
- 2 wheat-free pitta bread pockets
- Seasoning and spices
- 80grams of Chicken pieces
- 4 tbsp hummus
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and sliced handful rocket leaves
- Diced peppers
- Season chicken with seasoning and spices.
- Cook chicken pieces until cooked through.
- Spread the hummus on the inside of each pitta, then layer with the chicken pieces, pepper and rocket leaves.
- Chop up the peppers and layer the peppers in the pitta sandwich.
- Toasting is optional.