Chicken Pesto Pasta
If you cant decide on what to make for lunch, Pasta is always a good go-to option. Add some sauce and a meat of your choosing and you have a wholesome & fulfilling meal. It also keeps perfectly in the fridge for the next day, while still tasting great!
That’s why it’s one of our favourite Tupperware Thursday meals. Our Chicken Pesto Pasta recipe is very convenient. Below is a recipe for one person, however, if you’d like to make for two people or cook for two days – just double the Chicken, Pesto & Pasta amounts.
- 50 grams penne or fusilli pasta
- A drizzle of Olive oil or Rapeseed Oil
- 1 Irish free-range chicken breast, cut into bite-size chunks
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Basil pesto
- Tomato (optional)
- Onion (Optional)
- Boil a pot of water and add 50grams of pasta into the boiling water. Add salt into the water and stir once.
- Allow the Pasta to cook in the hot water until it softens. Once cooked, drain the pasta and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet for 2 minutes.
- When the chicken is diced, add salt, and pepper. Cook for 6-8 minutes, ensuring the chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Once cooked, remove the chicken from the skillet and place on a plate.
- Add the cooked pasta and the pesto and mix well with the chicken.
- Once all is mixed well – add to a plate or a Tupperware/ Lunch box for later.
For more Tupperware, Thursday Recipes click here.