The infamous tortilla chicken wrap is an easy – go to meal that uses a lot of ingredients already found in your kitchen. We know planing meals for lunch time can be tricky. So, we compiled a quick recipe that will help you to create a tasty lunch. The main ingredients are – the tortilla wrap, a chicken breast and a choice of vegetables and spices that you can chose from.
Total time/ Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 4 flavored flour tortillas wraps of your choice (8 inches), room temperature
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 medium cucumber, cut lengthwise into thin slices
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- Lime juice for added flavour
- 30 grams of rice (optional)
- Boil chicken breast until cooked through (10- 12 minutes)
- (Optional) boil rice until soft (12 minutes)
- Spread 2 tablespoons of spreadable cheese over each tortilla. Layer with the lettuce, tomatoes, chicken, cucumber etc. Roll it all up tightly.
- Enjoy straight away or place wraps into your lunch box for the next day.