Happy Chinese New Year
It’s that time of the year again! We thought it was only right to share a delicious Sticky Chinese pork recipe. It’s not quite as easy to make compared to other recipes we’ve previously made, but its just as tasty. 2019 is the Chinese year of the pig – So its quite fitting. Enjoy this pork recipe!
Time: 10 minutes Prep – 15 minutes to cook.
- 400 grams of diced pork loin
- 2 and a half tbsp of soy sauce – keep extra to serve
- 1 tea spoon Chinese five/spice powder
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- Fresh ginger grated
- Diced up chives
- 1 table spoon of sesame oil
- 2 table spoons of Rapeseed oil
- 3 and a half table spoons of honey
- 1 pepper diced (pepper of choice)
- 50 grams of snow pea – sliced
- 2 pak-choi, cut up into pieces
- sesame seeds – optional
- First, put the 400 grams of pork in a bowl with the soy sauce, five spice, garlic, sesame oil, ginger and honey. Mix it all well together and leave if for 10 minutes.
- Heat rapeseed oil in a frying pan over low to medium heat. Add the pork and fry until almost cooked. Add the marinade and let it bubble for 5 minutes until sticky. (Bubble until sticky)
- Lastly, in a another wok/ frying pan, heat the remaining rapeseed oil and stir-fry the pepper and peas with a small amount of water for a few minutes. Add the pak-choi and cook for a further minute. Next, stir in the beansprouts. Mix with the pork, pour over with soy sauce, add sesame seeds – (optional). Sprinkle chives on top.
- Enjoy !