Smokin’ Butcher’s Lasagne
Our Smokin’ Butcher’s Lasagne is quite easy to make. Most Italian dishes can appear to be complicated to make. However, they may not be. We’ve taken a popular Lasagne recipe, changed it to our taste and added our Smoked Black Pudding for good measure.
If you’re feeling up to it – don’t be afraid to take our Smokin’ Butcher Lasagne recipe and tweak it to your own tastes.
- Olive oil
- 200g of Smoked Black Pudding
- 700g lean, minced Irish Beef
- 800g passata / Tomato purée
- 200ml of beef stock
- 300g of lasagne sheets,
- quantity of white sauce
- 120g mozzarella, diced
- Using Olive Oil, cook the 700g lean Irish beef mince for 10 mins until browned all over.
- Cook the 200g of Smoked Black pudding on each side until darker in colour. Then, add 150g of the Smoked Black pudding into the mix.
- Pour 800g passata/ Tomato Purée and 200ml beef stock. Add season of choice.
- Simmer for 30 mins or until the sauce looks rich.
- Heat oven to 180C/fan/160C/gas 4. Oil an an oven dish with Olive Oil.
- Add one third (approx.) into the oven dish, then cover with 250g/300g of Lasagne sheets.
- Pour some white sauce on top.
- Repeat until there is three layers.
- Place the mozzarella on top and spread the remaining 50g of Smoked Black pudding on top.
- Bake it in the oven for 45 – 50 mins until the top is bubbling and the food is lightly browned.
Click here, If you would like to see more family recipes.