These Honey and Garlic (Sticky) Slow Cooker Chicken Legs are so simple to make and perfect as a weeknight dinner or meal prep recipe!
You can make this recipe well in advance and have a deliciously sticky sweet and savory dish, perfect for spooning over rice and veggies, any day.
I prefer to make the Sticky Chicken Legs in the slow cooker, but it can also be made in the Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker and the kids will love it! But the best thing is… just over 200 calories per serving!
Ingredients (6 Portions)
- 1kg chicken legs roughly 6
- 1/4 cup honey – as local as possible
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (reduced sodium)
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- spring onions or parsley and sesame seeds to garnish
- Place all ingredients not marked ‘after cooking’ into the base of your slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours
- Mix together the water & cornstarch, then stir into the slow cooker. Turn the heat to high and cook for 15-20 more minutes, until thickened.
- Serve over rice, spooning the sauce over everything. Garnish with the spring onions and sesame seeds.
To assemble ahead and freeze:
- Place all ingredients not marked ‘after cooking’ into a gallon sized freezer bag.
- Squeeze out as much air as possible, and freeze flat for up to 3 months.
- To cook, thaw completely before cooking according to directions above.
We really hope you are enjoying our Winter Series as much as we do, please share your photos and let us know what you would like us to cook next in the comments below!
If you missed any of our recipes or want to see more, check our Family Recipes page!