Spaghetti and Meatballs
The Spaghetti and meatball dish is a family favourite for most! And what better way to celebrate National Meatball day than enjoying this classic. You can make your own homemade meatballs from Irish minced beef or buy them in your local butcher shop. We recommend at least 2 meatballs per person.
- 8 good-quality beef or pork meatballs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 can of crushed tomato
- ½ a large bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 85 g parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve if you like
- Olive oil / Rapeseed oil
- spaghetti pasta, to serve (you’ll need about 70g per portion)
- In a large boiling pot, boil water add a pinch of salt and cook the spaghetti pasta. Once cooked drain the water.
- You need to prepare a large pot over a hot hob to cook the meatballs. Add Rapeseed Oil. Make sure to cook evenly. Once cooked place on a plate and set aside.
- Dice up the onion and then cook for 4-7 minutes.
- Add tomatos & parsley, Season again preferably with salt and pepper. Allow it to simmer. Return the cooked meatballs to this pot. Ideally, you want the sauce to thicken. This can take 10 minutes.
- To serve: Add the spaghetti pasta, meatball sauce and meatballs.
- Optional: Add parmesan cheese.
For more recipes click here