The white pudding salad
Usually when we think of a Salad, we think of leafy green goodness like the classic Caesar salad. However, it wouldn’t be like us not to add in our signature Smoked white pudding to the mix. We also added our customer favorite Pesto and Red Onion Sausage – Two for good measure ! Its super easy to make and takes less than 15 minutes.
Cook/Prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp Irish Rapeseed oil
- 100g Smoked White Pudding
- 2 Pesto and Red Onion Italian Sausage
- 180g mixed salad
- 2 diced tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- ½ tsp clear honey
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- Italian bread to serve (optional)
- Heat up the frying pan and then add a 1 tbsp of Irish Rapeseed oil. Add the Smoked White Pudding and cook for 1 minute on each side until it is ready.
- Add the Pesto and Red Onion Italian Sausage into the frying pan and sauté for a few minutes until sizzling, cooked through and the cut into pieces.
- Place mixed salad into a bowl and add the Pesto and Red Onion Italian Sausages.
- Pour 2 tbsp vinegar into the warm pan, scrape the sediment in the pan, deglaze until almost all the vinegar has been boiled off.
- Stir the mustard into the reduced down vinegar with the honey. Whisk in the remaining Rapeseed oil until a nice emulsion is created.
- Break the Smoked white pudding up into pieces and place it over the salad, then drizzle over with the dressing that was created. Mix well.
- Add Italian bread to serve. (optional)