Have you tried the smoked chicken breasts yet? If not, you’re missing out ! A sunny salad with really interesting flavours! Perfect to impress guests or for a family dinner. You can prepare the ingredients in advance to save time and make the salad last minute. Double the roasted nuts quantities and have them as a snack.
200g uncooked quinoa
2 sweet potatoes
1 small feta block
Couple of tbsp of pumpkin seeds
Handful of almonds
Salt & pepper
- Start by steaming or cooking the quinoa (following pack instructions).
- Dice and steam the sweet potatoes until tender.
- Mix the pumpkin seeds and almonds with a large tbsp of olive oil and maple syrup and a tsp of salt. Place on baking paper and roast for about 10min at 170C.
- Prepare the dressing with 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Tear and break down the smoked chicken breasts to bite size pieces.
- Cut the feta in small cubes.
- Peel and dice the mango (or use canned mango).
- In a large serving bowl, add the cooked quinoa, sweet potatoes, chicken pieces, mango and feta cubes, toasted almonds and seeds and fresh mint leaves. Finish by a good drizzle of seasoning. Enjoy!
Recipe & photos by @clairemariecuisine