Smoked Black Pudding Tortilla
The Spanish Tortilla Or Spanish Omelette is a very popular dish found in most Spanish speaking countries. With just a few Eggs and Potatoes you can create a very tasty meal. We added our Smoked Black pudding into the mix, giving the Tortilla extra flavour. The Morcilla, which is a Spanish blood sausage or Black pudding is often used as an ingredient in a Tortilla.
- 400g of potatoes, peeled and sliced into small chunk-sized bites.
- 1 onion, diced
- 125ml cooking oil. Rapeseed oil or Olive will do
- 150g to 200g of Smoked Black Pudding, sliced and then
- 8 eggs
- Dry Cured Collar of Bacon, cut into small pieces (optional)
- Heat up the cooking oil in a skillet/pan over low heat. Then, add the potatoes and the onions and mix well to cover. Keeping the heat temperature on low, in part spread the skillet and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add in the Smoked Black Pudding from the Smokin’ Butcher and cook until the potatoes are cooked however not overly cooked (falling apart).
- Next, In a bowl, gently whisk the eggs and season to taste. Add whatever season whether its salt & pepper or spice.
- Add the whisked up eggs to the skillet, mix the potatoes so the whisked eggs go under and between them. Cook for a further 5 minutes, or until the edges are cooked and about set on the top.
- Take a plate and transfer the tortilla on to it and slide it again into the dish to cook the opposite side for 3-4 minutes. Or cook the opposite side under a grill. Leave the finished tortilla to cool before eating.
For more Smokin’ Butcher Recipes click here.