Smoked black pudding and stewed apple on toast
The perfect brunch, delicious snack or evening supper. When pairing food, Smoked black pudding and stewed apples on toast (Sourdough if possible) work really well. Especially now that the evening is getting colder this treat is the perfect supper.
- Smoked Black Pudding
- Sourdough bread (Bread/ toast optional)
- Stewed apples:
- 5 cooking apples
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp water
- Peel and core the apples. Then, chop the apples into neat little chunks.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and put the cooking apple’s chunks into the pan with the sugar, cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of water. Stir it before covering the pan with a lid and cook for 4 mins.
- Next, Stir it, then cover it up again and continue to cook it until the apples are nice and really soft. Cooking apples will really fall apart whereas eating apples will retain their shape.
- Taste the mixture and add more caster sugar if the apples are too sharp, or a dash of lemon juice if they are too sweet. Serve warm or leave to cool and store, covered in the fridge, for up to 5 days.
- Grill the smoked black pudding Serve with toasted, choice of bread, ( we recommend sourdough) a generous portion of stewed apples and black pudding.
For more Smokin Butcher recipes click here.