Prep Time : 15 minutes
Cook Time : 6 hours
Total Time : 6 hours 15 minutes
This Slow Cooker Sausage Hot Pot, promises to warm you up from head to toe and is a complete family favourite. There are rumours the beast from the East is back, but this time – we are ready. If you are going to batten down the hatches, you better be prepared with cozy, winter recipes like this one!
- x12 of Hugh Maguires traditional breakfast sausages
- x1 tbsp olive oil
- x1 onion (finely chopped)
- x1 celery stalk (finely chopped)
- x2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- x3 peppers (I used one green, red and yellow)
- x1 400 g tin kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- x1 400 g tin butter beans (rinsed and drained)
- x1 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- x3 tbsp tomato puree
- x1 tsp smoked paprika
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion, celery and garlic and fry for 5-10 mins (until softened)
- Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add the sausages to the pan and cook for 5-10min (until browned all over)
- Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add all the other ingredients to the slow cooker, mix and cook on low for 6-8 hours