This hearty, spicy beef shin curry is absolutely delicious and easy to make!
I prefer to make this Shin of Beef Curry in the slow cooker, but it can also be made on the hob! Great served over mashed potatoes or rice and it has a brilliant kick.
Ingredients (4 Portions)
- 3 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 450g shin of beef
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 fresh green chilli, diced (de-seed it for less heat)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (we use madras but it works with any curry powder)
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion, sliced and quartered
- 3 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 broccoli, with stock, roughly chopped
- 250gr mushrooms quartered
- 100g green beans, whole
- 250ml beef stock
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the rapeseed oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and brown the beef on all sides.
- Remove from pan, reserving juices, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir the garlic, ginger and chilli in the pan for 2 minutes, until tender, and season with half the curry powder. Reserve with the beef.
- Add in the remaining rapeseed oil, fry the veg, season with the remaining curry powder and mix in the chopped tomatoes.
- Place the onion in the bottom of a slow cooker, and layer with the browned beef. Scoop the pan mixture into the slow cooker, and mix in the beef stock.
- Cover, and cook 7 to 8 hours on Low
- Serve with basmati rice or mash potatoes and enjoy!
We really hope you are enjoying our Winter Series as much as we do, please share your photos and let us know what you would like us to cook next in the comments below!
If you missed any of our recipes or want to see more, check our Family Recipes page!