Slow-cooked leg of lamb
Slow-cooked, tender Irish Leg of Lamb. This delicious recipe takes 7 hours cook time but takes less than 15 minutes to prepare. Perfect for a Sunday family meal.
- 1 large leg of lamb
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled & quartered
- 4 onions
- Irish Rapeseed oil
- 4 carrots, quarter lengthways
- 300ml white wine
- Mixed vegetables
- 300ml stock, ( Beef will do )
- Preheat the oven to 120C/ Gas 1/2 /fan 100. Use a large casserole dish and brown the leg of lamb on a hob on the cooker. Brown all sides. Add the rapeseed oil to make sure the leg of lamb doesn’t stick. Pour away any fat from the bottom of the dish.
- Add vegetables, wine and stock. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and add the lid and place in the preheated oven. Cook for 7 hours, after 3 and half hours turn the leg of lamb. After 5 hours the meat should be cooked.
- Transfers the leg of lamb and vegetables onto a large dish. Add the sauce to a pan and boil the sauce until hard to reduce. Add seasoning and serve with leg of Lamb.
For more delicious recipes click here.