Slow-cooked Beef and vegetable
With more people than ever in recent times cooking from home, we have decided to create even more nourishing recipes. Wholesome and nourishing dishes like this Slow-cooked Beef and vegetable recipe can provide you with the right nutrients which we need. It also happens to be very tasty, and we can see family members looking for seconds!
So, how does a Slow-cooked Beef and vegetable dish sound?
- celery sticks
- 1 onion, diced into small chunks
- 3 carrots, chopped into chunks
- thyme sprigs,
- Irish Rapeseed oil
- Irish butter
- 2 tablespoons of plain flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 beef stock cubes, mashed
- Approx. 800g stewing beef, cut into large chunks
- Preheat the oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3.
- Firstly, Chop the celery sticks, chop the onion, dice the carrots, prepare the thyme sprig.
- Add all to casserole dish over medium heat on a hob, with Rapeseed oil ( 1 tablespoon ) and ( 1 tablespoon ) of butter.
- Allow all to soften for a few minutes, then stir and add in two tablespoons of the plain flour. After a few minutes add in the tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce and beef stock cubes.
- Slowly add 500-600ml of water, add all stewing beef and bring to a simmer.
- Cover the pot and carefully place in the preheated oven for 2hrs 30 mins.
- Uncover the pot and cook further for 30 minutes – 50 minutes until meat is tender.
For more recipes click here