Roast Ham for Christmas
There are many ways to cook a ham. However, Its Christmas time, so you want to cook the perfect roast ham. A roast Ham for Christmas is a favourite of ours and for many families on Christmas day. With the right preparation, it can be a straight forward process. We recommend boiling the ham with vegetables first before roasting it with the Marmalade glazing.
2.5 – 3kg Ham – Boned & Rolled
2 sticks of celery
2 fresh bay leaves
1 jar of quality thin-rind marmalade
A bunch of fresh rosemary
- Place the Ham in a large Pot. Finely chop vegetables and add them into the pot too.
- Add cold water into the pot – enough to cover the Ham. Then place the pot over heat to simmer for 60 – 70 minutes with the lid placed on top.
- After, allow the ham to cool for 30 minutes in with the vegetables – this will help capture the flavours of the vegetables.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius or Gas mark 4. Remove the ham from the pot and place on a cooking board. Next, remove the skin covering the fat.
- Leave about 1cm – 1.25 cm of fat on top of the Ham. Score the remaining fat. When scoring the fat make large crosses, and then sprinkle seasoning like black pepper over the scored fat.
- Place the Ham in a Roasting tray and roast for 20 minutes. After you remove it from the oven the Ham should be a bit crispy.
- Add marmalade to the top of the ham, if you like Rosemary – do add it to the top of the Ham.
- Put the Ham back into the oven for another hour and baste frequently.
- Remove from oven and allow the Ham to rest before carving.
If you would like to order your Christmas Ham click here.