Roast Chicken, Lemon and Rosemary
Roast Chicken is very popular throughout Ireland, however, have you ever tried cooking it with Lemon, Rosemary and other flavoursome ingredients?
It just takes an extra five minutes in preparation but it greatly enhances the flavours.
- 3 tbsp butter
- Garlic clove
- 1 lemon, zested and then halved
- ½ red chilli, chopped
- Whole chicken (Free-range or organic preferably)
- Choice of vegetables
- First, preheat the oven to 180-celsius fan or gas mark 5. Chop up the rosemary Add two tablespoons of butter and garlic, lemon zest, chilli and mix.
- Gently rub this hand made butter over the whole chicken, covering the whole bird. Next stuff the Chicken with remaining lemon. Put the chicken and vegetables in a roasting tray and season. You can then add the remaining rosemary and scallions over the whole Chicken.
- Leave to roast for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Make sure the juices run clear. After cooking allow it to rest before serving up and carving.
Click here for more recipes.
Shop online here.