Organic Roast Chicken
With our long bright evenings back we can look forward to the Summer months ahead. This Organic roast chicken with Chorizo is the perfect family dinner with a Spanish twist. Free to roam with a natural up bringing – Our succulent Organic Chicken with Chorizo gives you a familiar taste from warmer climates.
- 1 whole Organic chicken
- 1 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
- ½ lemon
- 1 bay leaf and 1 thyme sprig
- 250g chorizo, thickly sliced
- 750g fresh potatoes , cut and quartered
- 9 garlic cloves, left whole
- 150ml chicken stock
- handful parsley leaves
- Firstly, Heat up the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and season the Organic chicken. In a large oven proof casserole dish, heat the butter and Rapeseed oil until hot, For the next 15 mins slowly brown the chicken well all over. Remove from the dish and add lemon, bay and thyme leaves.
- Pour most of the Rapeseed oil out of the dish, place Organic Chicken back in the heat and heat the Chorizo for 5 mins. Add in the fresh potatoes, heat them until they start to colour, then add the garlic. Pour in the stock.
- Lastly, settle the chicken, among the cooked potatoes, place a lid on the dish and cook in the oven for 1 hr / 1hr 15 mins or until the legs easily separate from the body. Leave the chicken idle for 10 mins, then add parley.