When it comes to creating a convenient and cheap family meal, a simple homemade burger is a family pleaser. Burgers are great for those who are picky eaters – you can add what you like to them. Below we have a super easy homemade burger recipe, with some ingredients you might find in your home. All that’s left to buy is Irish Steak mince from your local Craft Butcher and Burger buns. All of which can be purchased for less than 10 euro!
- steak mince (100grams -120grams is a good gauge to go by).
- red onion
- burger buns
- lettuce or rocket leaves to serve
- Hand made potato chips to serve)
- Depending on how many burgers you want to make, divide the mince into separate patties. Example, if your making 5 burgers divide the mince into 5 sperate patties. However, you can weigh the mince to create 100gram -120grams burger patties. By hand – make a burger pattie.
- Heat a large skillet and add Irish Rapeseed oil to the pan, when the pan is heated add the Burger meat and turn the heat down to medium/low heat. Make sure to keep watch, as not to burn either side.
- After 2/3 minutes turn each burger over and repeat until the burger meat is cooked through.
- Using a sharp knife finely chop the onions and tomatoes into slices.
- Using a grill, place the inside of the burger buns facing the grill, cook until brown and remove.
- Once the Burgers meat is cooked through its time to create the Burger stack – Starting with the bottom bun, place lettuce or rocket leaves, place the Burger meat, followed by grated cheese, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, salt & pepper and then sauce.
- Add the top bun.
You can use any sauce of your choosing, for E.g Ketchup or Mayonnaise.
However, if your feeling adventurous combine the following: Mayonnaise (2 tbsp), ketchup (1 tbsp), American mustard (2 tsp). Mix well together and add to each burger.
For more tasty Family recipes, click here.