Easy Black Pudding Omelette – with a Smokin’ Twist.
Preparation & Cooking Time : 30 mins
Serves : 2
Eggs are one of natures greatest gifts to us busy, busy people. With no time to prepare elegant, mid-week meals – be that rushing out the door in the morning, the mad lunch dash for you and the kids or the tedious after work dinner prep – we sometimes get complacent and opt for the easy , (typically unhealthy) option. This black pudding omelette however, blows those little, mischievous thoughts of temptation out of the water. I obviously don’t have to mention .. it tastes fantastic too.
- 200g Smokin’ Butcher Black Pudding Sliced
- 4 rashers – back bacon finely sliced
- 4 Free Range Eggs
- 8 Baby Potatoes cooked and sliced into 1 cm discs
- 1 tbsp Butter Small
- Handful of Chives
- Sea Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Fry the bacon and black pudding in a pan and transfer to a separate plate when cooked.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl and add in all of the ingredients.
- Bring the pan to a medium heat, add in butter and when butter has melted pour in egg mixture.
- Cook the bottom until golden, then put under a hot grill to finish the top.
- Season to taste and garnish with chopped chives.