A twist on your classic roast chicken, this chimichurri version gives a punch of herby flavour to your family dinner!
- 1 Carlow free range chicken, cut into 8 – 10 pieces
- 500g new potatoes
- 500g carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup rapeseed oil, plus more for drizzling
- Himalayan pink salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh parsley, tightly packed
- 1 cup fresh coriander, tightly packed
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. crushed chilli flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Place oven racks in top third and bottom third of oven. Preheat oven to 200°C (fan) and line two rimmed sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Add potatoes and carrots to sheet pan. Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels; add chicken pieces to second sheet pan, skin side up. Drizzle both pans with rapeseed oil and massage into chicken and vegetables. Season with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Place vegetables on bottom rack and chicken on top rack. Roast until internal temperature of largest breast piece reads 75°C, 28 to 30 minutes.
- Heat broiler and cook until skin is crisp and golden brown, 5 minutes more. Remove chicken from oven to rest, then move vegetables to top rack and broil, 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small food processor, combine parsley, coriander, onion, garlic, salt, chilli flakes, and vinegar. Pulse a few times and scrape down sides of the bowl. While motor is running, add oil and process until almost smooth.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to a large platter and sprinkle with sea salt. Top with about 1/2 cup chimichurri sauce and serve remaining sauce in a bowl.Serve and enjoy – and son’t forget to share your photos and tag us!
For more recipes and tips, check my Butchers Block page!