Prep: 5 mins / Cook : 10 mins / Serves : 1
- 10g coconut / rapeseed oil
- 80g red pepper or green pepper – cut into thin strips
- 300g skinless chicken breast – sliced into 1cm strips
- ½ tsp Cajun seasoning
- 250g pouch of ready-cooked quinoa
- 1 lemon – zested and juiced
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 spring onion – finely chopped
- Small pack coriander – roughly chopped
- Melt the coconut oil in a wok or large frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add the peppers and stir-fry for 2-3 mins or until they start to soften.
- Increase the heat to high and add the chicken along with the Cajun seasoning.
- Fry for 3-4 mins more or until the chicken is cooked. (Check by slicing into one of the larger pieces to make sure the meat is white all the way through, with no raw pink bits.)
- Microwave your quinoa following pack instructions.
- Stir the remaining ingredients through the quinoa, then pile onto a plate and top with the chicken and pepper mix.