Black Pudding and Scallops
This recipe may sound quite difficult to make, however it just requires a few delicious ingredients, Pancetta, Apple, Black Pudding and Scallops. The rest you may find in your kitchen.
- 20g Caster Sugar
- 1 Apple, chopped into 10 slices
- 10g of creamy Irish Butter
- 6 slices of Black Pudding
- 6 thin slices Pancetta
- 1 Tsp cooking Oil
- 4 large Scallops with Roe
- ½ Lemon
- First you need to heat the caster sugar in a frying pan over a low until the caster sugar melts/ desolves. Add the finely cut apple slices and cook in the caster sugar for a few seconds (quick) before adding in creamy butter. After it melts, add a dribble of water to the frying pan, Mix all on the pan (swirl in the pan). without stirring.
- Fry without the pancetta slices, without oil , until crisp. Remove from the pan and put on a warm plate.
- Add the traditional black pudding slices to the frying pan, withput oil, cook until just crisp on the outside but still soft on the inside. (Don’t over cook the Black pudding) Remove from the pan and and place on a warm plate.
- Drizzle the scallops with a little of the Rapeseed oil or preferably a good Olive Oil, then place the scallops on the frying pan and fry until golden-brown on both sides and cooked through. Squeeze over the lemon juice then remove the scallops from the pan.
- Firstly, place one cut apple disc into centre of the serving plates. Then place the Black Pudding, then half a cooked Scallop. Repeat once more. Then top each one with crispy pancetta and finish by drizzle of extra virgin Olive oil or Rapeseed oil over it.
For more Smokin’ Butcher Recipes click here.