Have you ever tried Black Pudding in Quiche?
It may sound unusual but we can assure you that no recipe is unusual when it comes to our Smoked Black pudding. We’ve seen it all From breakfast to pastry.
Quiche is very easy to make and you can add different ingredients like mushrooms, Ham and tomatoes etc.
- 1 ready made short pie crust.
- 5 large free range eggs.
- 3/4 cup full fat milk.
- 3/4 of teaspoon Himalayan salt.
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- 1 cup cooked Smokin’ Butcher’s Black pudding.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese.
- 3 tablespoons green onions.
- Rocket leaves.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees c.
- Prepare and unroll pie crust and then press into a pie plate.
- In a large bowl, using a whisk (or fork) whisk the 5 eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Over low heat briefly cook the pudding until both sides are cooked on the outside. Remove the pudding from the pan, allow to cool and break the pudding up by hand until it crumbles.
- Sprinkle crumbled up Black pudding, 1 cup of cheese, rocket leaves and green onions into the pie crust and pour the egg mixture on top . Add the remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top of this egg mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the center is completely set. Keep an eye on the Quiche as ovens vary. The top should be set and crisp. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
For more Smokin’ Butcher recipes click here.
If you like Quiche and love cheese check out Sheridan’s Cheese mongers. They have a lot of choice when it comes to cheese.