Because everything is better in a bacon cup!
This is a pick me up, quick and simple Smokin’ BLT Cup recipe that will brighten up everyone’s week!
- 12 slices of The Smokin’ Butcher dry sweet cured smoked collar bacon – get it in-store!
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. chopped spring onions, plus more for garnish
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Invert a muffin tin upside down onto a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Cut 8 slices of bacon in half crosswise. Lay two of the halved strips onto an inverted muffin tin cup in the shape of a cross. Weave two more half pieces on both sides to create a mini weave. Wrap the entire cup with a whole slice of bacon.
- Repeat to make three more cups. Bake until crispy, about 20 minutes. Let cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Make dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, lemon juice and spring onion and season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and lettuce and toss to coat.
- Remove bacon cups from muffin tin and fill with dressed lettuce and tomatoes. Garnish with more spring onions and serve.
- Serve with a nice glass of your favourite local American Pale Ale – and don’t forget to share your photos & tag us!
For more recipes and tips, check my Butchers Block page!