Corned beef and Cabbage – An Irish classic
It wouldn’t be St.Patrick’s day without the traditional Irish Corned Beef and Cabbage dinner. Although it’s easy to cook at home, cooking Corned beef and Cabbage the traditional way can take some time. There is many ways to prepare this meal, However nothing beats the taste from the past when you boil the Corned beef in a large pot and let it simmer. The fresh potatoes and carrots are also a must !
- 3 lbs of Corned beef.
- 5 carrots, peeled and chopped up.
- 12 small potatoes.
- A head of cabbage.
- 1 Tablespoon of Butter
- Place corned beef in large pot with water. Cover the pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer approximately 50 minutes per lbs.
- Next, add the potatoes and carrots, and cook until the vegetables are near ready. Add the head of cabbage and cook for 15 more minutes. Remove the Corned beef and let rest 15 minutes.
- Place vegetables in a bowl and cover.
- Slice meat across the grain.
- Sprinkle salt over the meal, and let the butter melt over the soft potatoes.