This simple recipe is great for an appetizer or snack, or a mix in your favourite sauce and add it to pasta for a full meal.
- 1 pound turkey mince
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1/4 cup shallot or onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 200° C. Lightly grease a sheet pan with oil and set aside
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix everything thoroughly with your hands.
- Roll into approximately 20 balls and place on a lightly greased pan. Bake for about 20 minutes (until they’re not pink in the middle).
- Serve with toothpicks and your favorite dipping sauce
Turkey meat is packed with protein and is lean with minimal fat.